1) Never go with the cheapest carrier. We get what we pay for in life.
2) Use a car shipping company with high ratings, with actual customer advice.
3) Check your chosen auto transport companies out on BBB before making a decision.
4) Call your auto shipping company several times to make sure they answer their phones before placing an order.
5) Always read the terms and conditions of your order with a car hauling company so you are informed.
6) Give plenty of notice, ahead of the date you want your car picked up, so you auto transport company or broker can work on scheduling a carrier.
7) Terminal to Terminal auto transport is not recommended. There is a lot of damage that happens when shipping a car terminal to terminal.
8) Always go with the top ranked auto transport companies. Check out the auto transport of your choice on transport reviews before making a decision.
9) Go with an auto transport company who takes a deposit and has you sign the agreement between you and the auto shipping company. It is very important that you sign an agreement and place a deposit for your auto shipping order. When you place a deposit for auto transport you commit the car shipping company to work for you and you will have an account manager specifically working with you to ensure your vehicle is picked up in a timely manner. Also, this makes the agreement legal and binding and doesn’t leave loop holes.
10) When companies don’t charge a deposit to move your vehicle they are usually just listing it and not really working on placing your vehicle with a carrier. If it happens great, they get your money. If not then you are the only one that is left in a bad position still waiting for a carrier to pickup your car.
11) Choose an experience auto transport company who has been in business for a long time and has shipped many vehicles for many years.
12) It is very important that the auto shipping company you choose is licensed through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
13) Make sure that you get the auto shipping companies MC number or USDOT number and look them up on the FMCSA website to make sure that they are an active licensed company. Agape's MC number is 522055.
14) Ask a lot of questions to your auto transport customer account manager.
15) Ask: How long will it take to get my vehicle assigned to a car carrier? When will I have the date you are going to pickup my car? Or simply, When can you pickup my car?
16) Ask: Does your company provide door to door car shipping service? Let them know you do not want a auto transport company that ships cars through terminals. Terminal to terminal car shipping has a high rate of damage.
17) Ask: Does your auto shipping company have an active license with the USDOT?
18) Ask: Is your auto transport company insured and do you provide insurance coverage for all vehicles transported on any car carrier? What is the cargo insurance coverage limits?
19) Do not ship a car with a car transport company who doesn’t have cargo insurance coverage on the certificate of insurance they send you.
20) Do not ship a car with a car transport company who doesn’t have cargo insurance coverage on the certificate of insurance they send you.
21) If you want to ship items in the vehicle then ask, Can I ship items in my vehicle when it is being transported? Do I need to discuss these items with the auto transport driver and get them listed on the Bill of Lading when the driver picks up my car?